Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gardening

Because I love fruits and veggies so very much (and because I spend so much of our grocery bill on them), I decided to try my hand at gardening. My garden is a container garden, rather than a traditional garden. I tried to grow a container garden last year but was pretty successful. I'm not sure where I went wrong but I am sure that a big move right when the plants were fairly young and then not knowing anyone in our new neighborhood to ask to water our plants while we were away didn't help. Last year I attempting to start from seed, however this year we went out and bought little plants and I repotted them. I am hoping to be successful with the container gardening this year!

Our little garden area is in the corner of our yard. You can just barely see the little green wire fence that goes around the garden to keep the dogs out and I also placed bricks around the perimeter. Back along the fence and in the middle on the left are brussel sprouts, in the middle on the right, grouped together, are three strawberry plants. In the front on the right is a cucumber, in the middle is cabbage, next to the cabbage is green pepper and on the left is multi-colored pepper.

And my husband brought me home 4 yellow squash and 4 zucchini plants! I don't have pictures of them yet. And the plants pictured have gotten even bigger since I snapped the photo. I even have an itty bitty green pepper now!

No comments:

Post a Comment