Saturday, August 8, 2009

Return from my month-long hiatus

On July 12 I posted that I would be scarce for a few days... somehow that turned into a month. I was so busy in that month.

My husband's (A) birthday was July 11th, so we celebrated his birthday that weekend and my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and niece came to visit and stayed over at our house. We also hosted a party to celebrate A's birthday.

The next weekend A and I decided to pull up the carpeting in our living room and dining room and put down wood laminate flooring. That was quite the project and took much longer than anticipated! Things are still not put entirely to rights but for about 5 days our couch, chaise lounge and treadmill lived in the kitchen.

Somehow in that time I started and finished two baby quilts and worked on some garb for A and I for Pennsic.

The weekend of July 25, I had a baby shower to attend on both Friday AND Saturday. (Both mommies-to-be loved the baby quilts.)

And then A and I left for Pennsic on July 31st and only just returned home last night at about 10 p.m.

Whew! It has been exhausting. And within all that I had to deal with the disappointment of not getting a job that I really wanted and losing my great-aunt.

I suppose that was all a very long explanation as to why my eating and exercise habits have totally slipped over the last month. I haven't gone for a run since before we put the new floor down and my eating hasn't been that great.

I know that I have gained weight and I am sure that my measurements are up. I am also pretty sure I am dehydrated. I know that doesn't help. I have been trying to drink a lot of water today but I know I need more. Even though I know I have gained weight and I'm not a huge fan of the belly pooch getting a little bigger, I am still fairly happy with what I see in the mirror. I still have abs! Still... something needs to be done to reverse the weight gain and build the fitness levels.

Things are going to change.

I AM going to start keeping a food log again. I'll make a post for the coming week tomorrow and update it each day. Keep me honest!

I AM going to start exercising again. At least 4 days this coming week!

I AM going to start running again. I am going to start up the Jeff Galloway 5K training program again. I think I am going to start with week 8.

Oh, and I did check meetup.com for a running group near me but wasn't able to find one in my town. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment