Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hmmm

I am wondering where to go with this blog... What kind of blog should this be? I tried to make it a healthy living blog but... that kind of floundered. Well... what now?

Anyway...

I've been told that I need to rank myself much higher on my list of priorities. I've not even really been making the list, I think. Not for any real reason other than I don't really know how to prioritize myself. I don't know what to do for myself. How does one make one's self a priority? I'm not really sure. But I decided I am going to try.

One thing I am going to do is try to get back into the habit of exercising. I know that I feel better when I am active and make the time to exercise but I haven't done any sort of exercise in over a month because I've either been extremely busy or sick. I have decided I am going to start making the time for exercise. I have a treadmill. I have workout videos. I have hand weights. I have a step. I have DDR and WiiFit. There is no reason not to. I just have to make the time for myself.

The goal isn't to lose weight (though I wouldn't complain). I just want to feel fit and in shape. And I know I feel better and more positive about myself when I am active. If ihad the ability to join a gym (particularly a CrossFit gym), I would. I'd love to be able to go to classes. Spin, step, zumba, kick boxing, yoga, etc. But that's not in the cards right now and that's okay. As I said, I have other avenues at my fingertips here at home.

I started tonight. I walked on the treadmill for 20 min. (at 3.5 incline and 3.5 speed) and then did some stretching. A small start but it's a start at least.

And I am going to continue to make time for exercise.

I am also going to try to go to bed earlier so that maybe I won't always feel so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment